11R503 M3 Medeco Maxum Residential Single Cylinder Deadbolt
Beautiful solid brass hardware for discriminating tastes.
Single Cylinder is best suited for solid doors that do not have glass panes on or near the door. A key is used on the outside to lock and unlock the door. On the inside a large, easy to use, thumbturn will lock and unlock the door. Recommended for use on residences where quick exit is required, from the inside without the use of a key.
Exceeds ANSI Grade 1 standard for auxiliary locks. Solid brass, free turning collar and 1/4 inch diameter mounting bolts resist wrenching, prying and hammering attacks. 1 inch throw hardened steel bolt resists sawing and crowbar attacks. Hardened steel inserts and rotating pins provide drill and pick resistance according to UL 437 standard. The Medeco3® design offers a utility patent that provides protection against unauthorized key duplication.
Features & Benefits:
- Bolt mechanism designed to accommodate both mortise and drive-in applications, which provide greater flexibility and ease of installation.
- Solid brass collar spins under pressure to prevent wrench attacks.
- Large thumbturn provides ease of use by physically challenged individuals.
- Steel shroud over bolt protects against "ice pick" type attacks.
- High security strike plate has a special box design with 2” screws that anchor the strike directly to the building structure behind the frame, preventing “kick-in” type attacks.
- Hardened steel bolt and bolt throwing mechanism are surrounded by a heavy-gauge tubular steel housing for maximum resistance to crowbar attacks.
- Solid brass design is secured with high-tensile steel mounting bolts for maximum resistance against hammer and prying attacks.
- Utility patented key control, (for cylinders that incorporate the Medeco3 design), provides protection against the unauthorized duplication of keys.
- A special elevating and rotating pin tumbler design, along with false slots on the bottom pins, mushroom top pins and a sidebar mechanism, work together, to provide superior pick resistance.
- Angled cuts on the keys, along with fore and aft positioning, in the Medeco3 design, provide added dimensions that dramatically increases key combinations and enables Medeco® to produce some of the largest master key systems in the industry.
- Hardened steel inserts, positioned in critical areas of the cylinder, provide a high degree of drill resistance.
- 8 different finishes provide an extremely close color match with existing hardware.
- UL437 listing provides assurance that cylinders meet universal standards for drill and pick resistance and resistance against other types of forced attack.
- 2 year warranty offers assurance of product quality and factory support in the rare event there is a problem.